BDA brings the world’s biggest brands to life through promotional merchandise. Fortune 500 companies come to us looking to connect with their consumers on an emotional level. We create three-dimensional advertising that people invite into their homes, offices, cars and classrooms. We let people see, touch, feel, own and interact with a brand in a way no other marketing permits. It’s what we like to call the Power of Merchandise.
We give our team members the creative freedom and foster the entrepreneurial spirit necessary to champion our clients’ branding goals utilizing cutting edge ideas. Our people are our No. 1 asset, and we remain committed to making our company a great place to work for our team and family.
We take great pride in our company culture—one that inspires teamwork, fun and excellence across our organization. We’re energetic people who love what we do—churning out more than 50 million units each year for the world’s most admired brands in a fun, fast paced environment that rewards high achievement.
• RFP/RFQ’s – spot / program / opportunities
• Cold calling and managing existing relationships
• Lead generation within assigned accounts
• Opportunity seeker
• Relationship development
• Target list development
• Database maintenance
• Pitch strategy, presentation development, project management
• Marketing ideation
• Assist in developing strategy, presentation and pitches for Division and large promotional merchandise opportunities.
• Promote and encourage new and increased business within current accounts
• Watch for business opportunities for all BDA business units
• Develop materials for standardizing our promotional pitches
• Responsible for tracking and measuring success of business efforts
• Research, analyze and capitalize on market opportunities. Minimize effects of competitive activity
• Be a role model for client relations – make that first impression of high-level, customer service to ensure client feels he/she will get incredible customer service from everyone at BDA
• Work within assigned budgets and forecasts and adjust expenses to correspond with sales expectations.
• Understand financial aspects of the accounts to make good business decisions for BDA; client reports, sales revenue, gross margins, sales reports, operating expenses, etc.
• Develop creative solutions for clients’ branding needs; marketing promotions, division needs
• Ensure ease of process and high levels of professionalism when interacting with BDA employees as well as the client, while allowing for flexibility and change within the office and client’s needs.
• Follow-up with clients to ensure BDA is producing high quality service and products for our new business
• Monitor competitive products and marketing activities
• Monitor, measure, and drive to achieve short and long term sales and profitability plans
Any travel involved? Limited. Travel to client on weekly basis.
Any financial/budgetary responsibility? Yes
Strategic planning responsibilities? Yes
Number of staff reporting to this position: 0
• 5+ yrs Account Management or Business Development experience, preferably within Fortune 500 type accounts
• Creativity and experience in product and/or concept development
• Excellent Customer Service, Client Relationship Building
• Proven track record of increasing sales or business opportunities through client development
• Excellent client presentation skills
Job Skills & Traits
• Build relationships with current and potential clients.
• Give direction and partner with Marketing to develop effective sales/marketing collateral
• Communicate and listen to high level contacts ensuring information is gained to develop and maximize business opportunities for all business units at BDA
• Understand and calculate financial information such as margins, discounts, and et.al. to ensure profitable sales results
• Manage contact and opportunity database
• Manage on-line Marketing resources
• Understand the BDA business units and processes for each to evaluate appropriate business opportunities
• Understand the negotiation and purchasing dynamics between client and BDA, as well as third party vendors
• Exude Energy, Accountability, Urgency, Deadline, Passion