BDA brings the world’s biggest brands to life through promotional merchandise. Fortune 500 companies come to us looking to connect with their consumers on an emotional level. We create three-dimensional advertising that people invite into their homes, offices, cars and classrooms. We let people see, touch, feel, own and interact with a brand in a way no other marketing permits. It’s what we like to call the Power of Merchandise.
We give our team members the creative freedom and foster the entrepreneurial spirit necessary to champion our clients’ branding goals utilizing cutting edge ideas. Our people are our No. 1 asset, and we remain committed to making our company a great place to work for our team and family.
We take great pride in our company culture—one that inspires teamwork, fun and excellence across our organization. We’re energetic people who love what we do—churning out more than 50 million units each year for the world’s most admired brands in a fun, fast paced environment that rewards high achievement.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensure proper balance sheet valuation of all inventories which includes finished goods and work in process.
• Ensure all cost of goods sold are properly classified and stated in the general ledger.
• Provide various weekly, monthly and quarterly inventory reports.
• Monitor and approve all company WIP jobs.
• Ensure integrity of weighted average cost inventory system. Develop necessary exception reporting.
• Develop internal inventory KPI’s to assist management with working capital strategy.
• Develop and monitor all inventory cycle and physical counts.
• Review and analyze inventory and margin reports, conduct research and perform analytical studies in regards to cost or variance analyses and profitability.
• Ensure company is adequately reserved for obsolescence based on sound metrics.
• Prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliations as assigned.
• Mentor and provide guidance to other team members.
• Serve as an advocate for continuous improvement and application of systems to Cost Accounting processes.
• Implement and document internal control procedures for inventory.
Travel required? Some
Financial/budgetary responsibility? No
Strategic planning responsibilities? No
Number of direct reports? 0
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• 5+ years’ experience with average cost inventory system
• Oracle Costing experience required (R12 or equivalent)
• Proven track record related to process improvement
Job Skills & Traits
• High performing individual comfortable in playing an integral role supporting key Cost processes and analysis and providing front line support to other functional groups.
• Strong computer skills – Advanced Excel, Essbase (preferred), MS Office
• Solid written/verbal and interpersonal communications.
• Ability to interact with all levels of the organization in a professional and effective manner.
• Must be comfortable making oral presentations to peers and management.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
• Manufacturing experience