BDA brings the world’s biggest brands to life through promotional merchandise. Fortune 500 companies come to us looking to connect with their consumers on an emotional level. We create three-dimensional advertising that people invite into their homes, offices, cars and classrooms. We let people see, touch, feel, own and interact with a brand in a way no other marketing permits. It’s what we like to call the Power of Merchandise.
We give our team members the creative freedom and foster the entrepreneurial spirit necessary to champion our clients’ branding goals utilizing cutting edge ideas. Our people are our No. 1 asset, and we remain committed to making our company a great place to work for our team and family.
We take great pride in our company culture—one that inspires teamwork, fun and excellence across our organization. We’re energetic people who love what we do—churning out more than 50 million units each year for the world’s most admired brands in a fun, fast paced environment that rewards high achievement.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Serve as a leader within Design Lab in areas of photography and project management
• Work closely to ensure that overall standards are consistent with project goals
• Develop imaging solutions that demonstrate creative excellence in all phases of the photographic process
• Ensure execution and supervision of all phases of the project needed for successful on time completion
• Uphold the creative mission and standards of both the department and BDA, as set forth by the Publications Department and BDA management
• Serve as departmental and group role model
• Evaluate and communicate scheduling; project status/progress with Project Leads
• Manage additional photography related (and sometimes non-photography related) department tasks (file maintenance, archiving, supply management, systems admin, etc.)
• Seek methods to ensure BDA keeps photography projects in-house rather than outsourced, whenever possible
• Develop and maintain strong partnerships with clients to ensure the level of service quality always exceeds expectation
• Responsible for creation of project timelines and cost estimates.
• Ensures projects are completed correctly and costs tabulated and recorded.
Any travel involved? No
Any financial/budgetary responsibility? No
Strategic planning responsibilities? No
Number of staff reporting to this position: 0
• AA degree in photography, graphic design (or equivalent)
• 1-3 years of industry experience
• Portfolio demonstrating creativity and skill relative to experience
• Previous management/supervisory experience preferred
Job Skills & Traits
• Excellent organization, communication, time management skills
• Intermediate to expert skill–level with Mac software: Adobe Creative Suite
• Intermediate to expert skill–level with standard Mac hardware systems (G5 or above, scanners, color printers, electronic communication/methods of transfer)
• Intermediate to expert knowledge of web design, photographic principles, digital photography, and digital workflow
• Maintain exceptional attendance and punctuality
• Flexible; works well with change in a fast–paced environment
• Maintain a high level of professionalism when interacting with BDA employees and outside vendors and clients
• Effectively demonstrates ability to both lead and take direction
• Exhibits high level of customer service to ensure smooth operations and satisfied customers/clients (promotes positive image of Design Lab and BDA).